May 23- Last day libraries are open
May 24 - Libraries close for clean up and work on annual reports
May 31 - Annual report is due
(You will find Annual Report 2017 Guidelines on the tabs at the top of this LibGuide).
August Curriculum Days will be held at the Harper Center on Creighton's Campus from 8:00 AM - 3:30 PM. There is parking adjacent to the facility in a parking lot and a parking garage.
Friday August 11th--Elementary librarians
Monday August 14th--Middle School Librarians
Tuesday August 15th--High School Librarians
September Curriculum Day will be Friday September 15th for 1/2 day (we split into an AM and a PM group). Location TBD.
If there are any topics that come to mind that you would like to see covered at any point next year, please let Courtney know!
Our apologies if the newsletter is a little thin this week. Stacy and Courtney have been sorting 16,000 books for our Sherwood Summer Library programs! We are so excited to get these great titles in the hands of kids this summer.
I would love to keep our social media presence going all summer long. If you would be so kind, please continue to send things my way!--Courtney
1) If you are hosting summer library programs, send me pictures of the cool things you are doing with students, guest speakers, or projects.
2) If you are curriculum writing, take a picture with your group or of the curriculum you are writing.
3) If you are getting caught up on reading great books, send me a picture of you reading the book or send me an email with the title.
4) If you are squeezing in any professional development, send me where you are going and what you are learning.
5) Anything else you might be doing this summer that you will be able to use with students next year...
As all of your books start coming back from students...
Omaha Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, age, genetic information, citizenship status, or economic status in its programs, activities and employment and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following individual has been designated to address inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Superintendent of Schools, 3215 Cuming Street, Omaha, NE 68131 (402-557-2001).
Las Escuelas Públicas de Omaha no discriminan basados en la raza, color, origen nacional, religión, sexo, estado civil, orientación sexual, discapacidad , edad, información genética, estado de ciudadanía, o estado económico, en sus programas, actividades y empleo, y provee acceso equitativo a los “Boy Scouts” y a otros grupos juveniles designados. La siguiente persona ha sido designada para atender estas inquietudes referentes a las pólizas de no discriminación: El Superintendente de las Escuelas, 3215 Cuming Street, Omaha, NE 68131 (402-557-2001).