When using the Science Reference Center or the Student Research Center follow these tips:
1) Always look for FULL TEXT articles (An abstract is just a description of the article's content).
2) Pay attention to the number of pages for the article. This is listed on the results list page.
3) You can look for the "cite" option in the tools area of the article results screen. You can copy and paste this into Noodle Tools.
4) If you are having trouble finding your topic, try adjusting your search terms. The database may not use the same vocabulary as you.
5) See Mrs. Pentland if you need help!
Wikipedia is not an accepted source for this assignment. You may use the resources listed at the bottom of the Wikipedia page as a jumping off point for further research. You would then use and cite that original source.
We have many excellent books in our Astronomy section of the library. We are also able to borrow materials from other schools. If you need help finding a title, please let Mrs. Pentland know.
When searching for other websites, you may want to pay attention to the following to find good sites.
1) look for websites ending in .edu, .org, or .gov
2) check the "about" section to see who is providing the information
3) compare information found other sources to this source for accuracy
Omaha Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, age, genetic information, citizenship status, or economic status in its programs, activities and employment and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following individual has been designated to address inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Superintendent of Schools, 3215 Cuming Street, Omaha, NE 68131 (531-299-9822).
Las Escuelas Públicas de Omaha no discriminan basados en la raza, color, origen nacional, religión, sexo, estado civil, orientación sexual, discapacidad , edad, información genética, estado de ciudadanía, o estado económico, en sus programas, actividades y empleo, y provee acceso equitativo a los “Boy Scouts” y a otros grupos juveniles designados. La siguiente persona ha sido designada para atender estas inquietudes referentes a las pólizas de no discriminación: El Superintendente de las Escuelas, 3215 Cuming Street, Omaha, NE 68131 (531-299-9822).