Skip to main content
Cart Locations 2019-2020
CC Cart C - Room 049 (Candi Kadar's room)
CD Cart D - Room 120 (Sara Evans)
CB Cart B - Room 235 (Lori Falcon/Corban Williams)
CE Cart E - Room 315 (Matt Aguilar)
CF Cart F - Room 342 (J. Elliott/Rumbaugh)
CG Cart G - Room 237 (Wiksell)
Laptop Cart Procedures
- Check the calendar at bit.ly/chscartscal to see when/if a laptop cart is available. The calendar is updated as requests are made and confirmed.
- Email your request to the laptop cart schedulers (aka the school librarians) at this address: CHSCarts@ops.org. Include your name, dates needed, room number, number of students and any other questions you have.
- You'll receive a confirmation by email for your reservation.
- Please note that substitute teachers are not allowed to use the laptop carts. If the cart has been checked out and the teacher is absent, another lesson should be given to the class.
- Plan to pick up the cart in the classroom where it is housed. We ask that students do not transport/push the cart.
- Return the cart at the end of the last day of your scheduled time and plug it in, so it will be charged and ready for the next classroom.
In class check out of computers
- When unplugging the laptop from the cart, make sure to tuck the cord back in the appropriate slot
- Power-up your computer
- Be patient! Sometimes it takes a few minutes to run scripts – especially if the person who used it before you didn’t shut it down properly.
- Food and drinks should NOT be anywhere in the classroom when laptops are in use.
- Make sure the wifi light is on before you assume it doesn’t work.
- If the machine says “running low on resources”, do a normal RESTART and the computer should work fine after that.
- “Safe Mode” click enter and it should start fine.
- When in doubt always RESTART the computer before you assume it is not working.
- Please record any problems, damage, etc. on the log.
- Students should report problem to the teacher.
- At some point during the day, the teacher should report the problem to Tech Support (David & Ken) firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 3344
Proper Shut down
- Do a complete shut-down (don’t just logoff or shut the computer)
- Wait for screen to go completely black before closing
- If it is taking too long or wants to run updates leave it open and give it to the teacher. The updates are important!
- Explain the consequences of not waiting
Returning laptops to the cart
- Make sure they are completely off. Otherwise, they don’t charge properly
- Make sure they go the in proper space
- Plug them in and tuck the cord into the side if it has fallen out
- Carts are on a rotational charging timer, so not all laptops charge at all times.
Ultimately, it is the teacher’s responsibility to make sure laptops are returned to the cart, plugged in and ready for the next user. Ideally, the teacher should stand at the cart and help with check-in. When this is not possible the teacher should pick a responsible student to assist with the task.
Omaha Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, age, genetic information, citizenship status, or economic status in its programs, activities and employment and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following individual has been designated to address inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Superintendent of Schools, 3215 Cuming Street, Omaha, NE 68131 (402-557-2001).
Las Escuelas Públicas de Omaha no discriminan basados en la raza, color, origen nacional, religión, sexo, estado civil, orientación sexual, discapacidad , edad, información genética, estado de ciudadanía, o estado económico, en sus programas, actividades y empleo, y provee acceso equitativo a los “Boy Scouts” y a otros grupos juveniles designados. La siguiente persona ha sido designada para atender estas inquietudes referentes a las pólizas de no discriminación: El Superintendente de las Escuelas, 3215 Cuming Street, Omaha, NE 68131 (402-557-2001).