Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
About Mrs. Kloppenborg
Teaching Record: Year 4 at L&C
College: University of Nebraska at Omaha
Degree: Secondary Education with an endorsement in Mathematics
Master's Degree: Middle School Mathematics with an endorsement in Middle Level Education (in the works!)
High School: O'Neill Public Schools
Siblings: 1 older sister and 1 younger brother (both taller than me)
BFF: Zachary Kloppenborg - My husband of 3 1/2 years
Favorite Restaurant: Foodies
Favorite Show: Dr. Who and Star Trek
Favorite Food: Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
Chipotle or Q'doba: Q'doba
Starbucks or Scooters: Scooters
Contact me via email whenever you need assistance!
IB Learner Profile
I am an IB Learner!
I am caring!
- I care about my family, I care about my friends, and I care about you! I want you to be sucessful and I want you be the best that you can be. This will take a lot of hard work but I know you can do it!
I am open-minded!
- Everybody's brain is different. We all understand the world around us in a different way. I try to see things from other people's perspectives. With that in mind I always to try present information and concepts in more than one way.
I am knowledgeable!
- I don't want to brag but I know a lot about math. However, there is still a lot to learn!
I am principled!
- To quote one of my favorite works, the Desiderata "As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant; they too have their story." This to me is what it means to be principled. I try to live up to this passage everyday.
I am reflective!
- Everytime I teach a lesson I always think to myself...how can I make that lesson better? If something didn't seem to work I change it for the next year and try something new.
I am balanced!
- I love my job! I love to teach but I also have to balance this with the other things I love. For example, I love to spend time with my husband and dog (Ozzy). I also love to crochet and bake. Finding time for these things outside of school can be difficult but after 4 years of teaching I think I've finally found that balance.
I am a risk-taker!
- One of the biggest risks we take in the classroom is raising our hand. Whether it is to answer a question or to ask one, we run the risk of being wrong or looking stupid. I am telling from experience that taking that if you take that risk you will reap big rewards!
I am a thinker!
- Whenever I think about what it means to be a thinker this quote from Seussical the Musical comes to mind "I am a thinker and I think thinks." I love to think up new thinks, in fact if you've ever seen my desk it is cluttered with notes of ideas I'm working on for class.
I am a communicator!
- Math is all about communication. In fact, it is called the universal language. I love math because I can communicate through words, symbols, and pictures.
I am a an inquirer!
- As I said before I know a lot of math but I always want to know more! I am currently in a Master's Program and loving every minute of it. I am definitely a life long learner.
Omaha Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, age, genetic information, citizenship status, or economic status in its programs, activities and employment and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following individual has been designated to address inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Superintendent of Schools, 3215 Cuming Street, Omaha, NE 68131 (531-299-9822).
Las Escuelas Públicas de Omaha no discriminan basados en la raza, color, origen nacional, religión, sexo, estado civil, orientación sexual, discapacidad , edad, información genética, estado de ciudadanía, o estado económico, en sus programas, actividades y empleo, y provee acceso equitativo a los “Boy Scouts” y a otros grupos juveniles designados. La siguiente persona ha sido designada para atender estas inquietudes referentes a las pólizas de no discriminación: El Superintendente de las Escuelas, 3215 Cuming Street, Omaha, NE 68131 (531-299-9822).