Skip to Main Content
About Ms. Leisure...
Teaching Record: Year 4 at L&C
College: University of Nebraska at Omaha
Degree: Secondary Education with an endorsement in Language Arts
Master's Degree: Middle Level Education
High School: Omaha North
Siblings: 2 sisters, 1 brother -- All red hair!
BFF: Rebecca - My older sister
Favorite Restaurant: HuHot!
Favorite Show: Chopped
Coke or Pepsi? Pepsi
Chipotle or Q'doba: Q'doba
Starbucks or Scooters: Starbucks
Contact me via email whenever you need assistance!
IB Learner Profile
I am an IB Learner!
I am caring!
- I care about you and want you to succeed at Lewis and Clark! I will listen to you and help you reach your goals. When you are in need, remember that my classroom is a safe place for you.
I am open-minded!
- We might not always see eye-to-eye, but I promise to accept you for who you are! We are all different and we all need each other to become well-rounded members of society. I love to learn about other people, and I promise to try to teach you in a way that best fits your needs.
I am knowledgeable!
- I am a lifelong learner. I am currently working on my Master's degree at the University of Nebraska at Omaha. I am constantly working to learn more to better serve you as a teacher. I look at each day as an opportunity to learn.
I am principled!
- I value honesty. I promise to come to class prepared to teach you! I love my job and I spend a lot of time preparing for class each day. I work hard for you, so please return the favor and come to class ready to rock!
I am reflective!
- After teaching each lesson, I ask myself... what could I do better? Reflection is key to be an effective teacher.
I am balanced!
- I may spend most of my day at Lewis and Clark, but I actually have a life outside of school. :) I am an avid runner, reader, nail-polish collector, and family lover! If I am not at school, you might find me on the Dodge Park trail or hanging out with my family.
I am a risk-taker!
- I love trying new things! Last year, my favorite day of the week was fresh fruit and veggies day. I may not have liked all of the new veggies that I tried, but I love going outside of my comfort zone and trying something different.
I am a thinker!
- I love teaching because it keeps me on my toes. With the help from you, I am constantly reminded to think about things in different ways. When I read a story, I might think of one thing, while someone else thinks of something completely different. I love that!
I am a communicator!
- Trust me... I love to talk, but I also love listening. I will communicate to you often on what I need from you, but it is necessary that you communicate your needs with me! I cannot read your mind. Please communicate what you need to be successful in my class.
I am a an inquirer!
- When I am in class, my hand is constantly up asking questions. I understand that I need to ask for help when I need help. Please make sure to ask questions when you need help!
Omaha Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, age, genetic information, citizenship status, or economic status in its programs, activities and employment and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following individual has been designated to address inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Superintendent of Schools, 3215 Cuming Street, Omaha, NE 68131 (531-299-9822).
Las Escuelas Públicas de Omaha no discriminan basados en la raza, color, origen nacional, religión, sexo, estado civil, orientación sexual, discapacidad , edad, información genética, estado de ciudadanía, o estado económico, en sus programas, actividades y empleo, y provee acceso equitativo a los “Boy Scouts” y a otros grupos juveniles designados. La siguiente persona ha sido designada para atender estas inquietudes referentes a las pólizas de no discriminación: El Superintendente de las Escuelas, 3215 Cuming Street, Omaha, NE 68131 (531-299-9822).