Skip to Main Content
At Pawnee Elementary,
we are safe, respectful and responsible!
Students will wait at the door in the hallway until invited into the library
If it is a checkout day, renew books go on the circulation desk in the “RENEW” basket before sitting down in assigned seat
Students will be directed as they enter to sit in tables or on floor (assigned seats)
Students enter quietly and quickly to their assigned seat (table or floor)
Grades 4-6 put agendas and/or iPads in the corner of the table
“Give Me 5” signal will be given to indicate readiness for listening
- Students can checkout up to 5 books at a time depending on grade level
- Use a shelf marker to keep books in their place on the shelf
- Use a voice level 1 (may talk to each other about books)
- Line up appropriately at the circulation desk and wait your turn
- Put shelf marker away in container on the circulation desk
- Always use walking feet
- Students go back to their assigned seats when done checking out
- Students not checking out until their turn will be doing an activity at the table or read quietly at the tables (voice level 0)
- “Give Me 5” signal used for attention to adult
- Students sit at tables with all legs on the floor, Body Basics when sitting on the floor
- Voice levels used: Level 0=no voice, Level 1=whisper, Level 2=inside voice
- Students raise hand without blurting to ask a question or to share (wait to be called on)
- Redirection Plan for students who are not following expectations is posted along with 3 school rules and posters regarding expectations
- Be Safe, Be Respectful, Be Responsible
- Only use materials on the table or the floor when given directions to do so
- Must get permission to leave the library and must take a pass hanging by the circulation desk
- Students must complete all work assigned
Library Note Home
Parent Library Note Home (English)
This note is sent home with students to let families know the policies/procedures of the library and what day their child has library book checkout.
Parent Library Note Home (Spanish)
Esta nota se envía a casa con los estudiantes para informar a las familias sobre las políticas / procedimientos de la biblioteca y el día en que su hijo puede sacar libros de la biblioteca.
Omaha Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, age, genetic information, citizenship status, or economic status in its programs, activities and employment and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following individual has been designated to address inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Superintendent of Schools, 3215 Cuming Street, Omaha, NE 68131 (531-299-9822).
Las Escuelas Públicas de Omaha no discriminan basados en la raza, color, origen nacional, religión, sexo, estado civil, orientación sexual, discapacidad , edad, información genética, estado de ciudadanía, o estado económico, en sus programas, actividades y empleo, y provee acceso equitativo a los “Boy Scouts” y a otros grupos juveniles designados. La siguiente persona ha sido designada para atender estas inquietudes referentes a las pólizas de no discriminación: El Superintendente de las Escuelas, 3215 Cuming Street, Omaha, NE 68131 (531-299-9822).