Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Saddlebrook Elementary Library Information
Welcome to Saddlebrook Library!
- School Library Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. on school days
- Mrs. Vinopal's phone number: 402-933-3915
- Saddlebrook Public Library Hours
- Tuesday through Thursday 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Saddlebrook Public Library phone number: 402-844-7473
Saddlebrook Library Events
- What: Weekly focused reading from one Intermediate Golden Sower Nominee
- When: 10 Fridays beginning November 7, 2014 at 8:15 a.m.
- Where: Program Room (Entrance from Saddlebrook common area)
- Miss Katy and Mrs. Vinopal will share the spotlight reading from one Intermediate Golden Sower Nomineed each week.
Author Dean Jacobs' visit to Saddlebrook Elementary!
Click the Dean Jacob's Greeting link below to go to Dean's greeting and answers to some Saddlebrook Students' questions!
Saddlebrook Library Pictures
Saddlebook Library FAQ's
Q: How often do students come to the library?
- All classes have scheduled library time once a week. Book bags are encouraged as a safe, protective means of transporting books to and from school.
Q: Why do students receive a receipt at the time of checkout?
- Each student will get a receipt showing the item(s) checked out for the day.
Q: How much time is allotted each week for book check out?
- Approximately 15 minutes is allowed for book check out, usually at the end of library instruction time.
Q: How many books may students check out at a time?
- Omaha Public Library policy allows patrons to check out a maximum of 40 library items at a time. However, due to the time limitations for check out during scheduled library instruction, the number of books will be limited. When a student returns their book(s) each week during library time, they are allowed to check out additional book(s).
Q: How do the return policies reviewd in library class differ from the receipt?
- The Omaha Public Library receipt given at the time of check out lists a 3-week due date, however students will be reminded to return their library books(s) every scheduled library time.
Q: What is the fine policy for late, damaged and lost books?
- Per Omaha Public Library policy, students will not be fined for overdue children's books up to a maximum of 60 days overdue. Please refer to the handout on Omaha Public Library overdue policy for more information.
Q: Can books be returned through the book drop prior to scheduled library time?
- Yes! Students may check out books during schedule library time if their books have previously been returned through Omaha Public Library's book drop.
Q: Can students use their school account to check out books during non-school hours?
- It will be necessary for students to obtain a public library card to check out books during non-school hours. Parental signature and verification of address will be necessary to successfully apply for an Omaha Public Library card.
Q: How are the student and public library card accounts connected?
- Through differenct numbers will be used for each, your child's school account will also reflect items checked out on their public library account. Books returned each week during scheduled library time may be from their school account or public library account.
Q: When closed during school hours, how can Omaha Public Library patrons use the children's section?
- Public library staff will be happy to assist with locating materials for check out.
Omaha Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, age, genetic information, citizenship status, or economic status in its programs, activities and employment and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following individual has been designated to address inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Superintendent of Schools, 3215 Cuming Street, Omaha, NE 68131 (531-299-9822).
Las Escuelas Públicas de Omaha no discriminan basados en la raza, color, origen nacional, religión, sexo, estado civil, orientación sexual, discapacidad , edad, información genética, estado de ciudadanía, o estado económico, en sus programas, actividades y empleo, y provee acceso equitativo a los “Boy Scouts” y a otros grupos juveniles designados. La siguiente persona ha sido designada para atender estas inquietudes referentes a las pólizas de no discriminación: El Superintendente de las Escuelas, 3215 Cuming Street, Omaha, NE 68131 (531-299-9822).